IT Support Analyst
Posting start date: June 19, 2023
Reporting to: Director, IT
The National Police Federation is currently hiring a full-time IT Support Analyst to join our team.
Overview of the Role: The IT Support Analyst will provide technical support and assistance to end-users, ensuring the smooth operation of business-critical platforms and applications while delivering exceptional customer service throughout. Responsible for monitoring and resolving technical issues, identifying trends and root causes of problems, and escalating complex issues for resolution, the IT Support Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for change management processes and maintains change registers for critical platforms. Additionally, this position will contribute to team innovation, process improvement, and the development of knowledge base articles and documentation.
Reporting to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Remote working opportunity for a candidate in a major Canadian city (flexible to attend work in our National Office if the successful candidate resides in the National Capital Region).
Who We Are:
The National Police Federation (NPF) is the sole certified bargaining agent for regular Members and reservists of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police below the rank of Inspector. The National Police Federation (NPF) was certified to represent ~20,000 RCMP Members serving across Canada and internationally in the summer of 2019. We are the largest police labour relations organization in Canada, the second largest in North America and the first independent national association to represent RCMP Members.
Our mission is to provide strong, fair and progressive representation to promote and enhance the rights of our Members across the country.
Our head office is located in Ottawa but over half our staff work remotely across Canada. We stay closely connected through our active internal communications program and up-to-date I.T. tools.
Why Work with the NPF?
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous Group Benefit package including Health Care Spending Account.
- Group Registered Savings Plan (GRSP).
- Professional development opportunities.
- An inclusive, passionate and fun team environment.
- Process, procedure, and systems development.
- Work with departmental requirements to identify solutions to support their needs.
- Collaborate with IT security teams to integrate appropriate security measures into systems and procedures.
- Help desk service.
- Participate in disaster recovery test plans.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all developments relevant to IT and cyber security and upgrade internal systems as necessary.
- 1-2 years supporting corporate IT infrastructures in a Microsoft-based environment in a support role showing escalating responsibilities.
- A minimum of 4 years working in IT, supporting end users and network infrastructures, servers, firewalls, and related technology for organizations in excess of 100 users.
- Completion of a University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology-related field required.
- Must be available for overnight travel 2-4/year.
- Must be eligible to obtain Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Bilingualism (asset).
- Sound understanding of computer systems, security, telco, databases, and storage systems.
- Superior oral and written capabilities.
- Experience working within a shifting landscape with the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Ability to take complex information and distil and communicate to a variety of audiences clearly when speaking and in layman’s terms.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to build professional relationships across all aspects and levels of the NPF.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, new ideas and concepts.
- Sound judgement and tact.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task; take the initiative; be proactive; flexible.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse workforce and facilitate successful performance in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet continuous deadlines.
- Innovative thinker.
The National Police Federation hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified people to apply.
While we welcome applications from all interested individuals, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.