IT Operations Analyst
Posting start date: November 1, 2023
Reporting to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Remote working opportunity for a candidate in a major Canadian city (flexible to attend work in our National Office if the successful candidate resides in the National Capital Region).
Who We Are:
The National Police Federation (NPF) represents ~20,000 RCMP Members serving across Canada and internationally. We are the largest police union in Canada. The NPF is focused on improving public safety for all Canadians, including our Members by advocating for much-needed investment in the public safety continuum. This includes investments in police resourcing and modern equipment, as well as social programs including health, addiction, and housing supports to enhance safety and livability in the many communities we serve, large and small, across Canada.
Our mission is to provide strong, fair and progressive representation to promote and enhance the rights of our Members across the country.
Our head office is located in Ottawa but over half our staff work remotely across Canada. We stay closely connected through our active internal communications program and up-to-date I.T. tools.
Why Work with the NPF?
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous Group Benefit package including Health Care Spending Account.
- Group Registered Savings Plan (GRSP).
- Professional development opportunities.
- An inclusive, passionate, and fun team environment.
- Process, procedure, and systems development.
- Work with departmental requirements to identify solutions to support their needs.
- Collaborate with IT security teams to integrate appropriate security measures into systems and procedures.
- Monitoring Help Desk service and performance.
- Participate in disaster recovery test plans.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all developments relevant to IT and cyber security and upgrade internal systems as necessary.
- Minimum 4 years supporting corporate IT infrastructures in a Microsoft-based environment in a support role showing escalating responsibilities.
- A minimum of 4 years working in IT, supporting end users and networks, firewalls, and related technology for organizations in excess of 100 users.
- Completion of a University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology-related field required.
- Must be available for overnight travel 2-4/year.
- Sound understanding of computer systems, security, telco, databases, and storage systems.
- Superior oral and written capabilities.
- Eligible for Secret level security clearance.
- Bilingualism (asset).
- Experience working within a shifting landscape with the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Ability to take complex information and distil and communicate to a variety of audiences clearly when speaking and in layman’s terms.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to build professional relationships across all aspects and levels of the NPF.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, new ideas and concepts.
- Sound judgement and tact.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task; take the initiative; be proactive; flexible.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse workforce and facilitate successful performance in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet continuous deadlines.
- Innovative thinker.
The National Police Federation hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified people to apply.
While we welcome applications from all interested individuals, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.