Western Canada, Remote
Posting start date: November 9, 2023
Reporting to: Manager, Communications
Who We Are:
The National Police Federation (NPF) is the sole certified bargaining agent for regular Members and reservists of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police below the rank of Inspector. The National Police Federation (NPF) was certified to represent ~20,000 RCMP Members serving across Canada and internationally in the summer of 2019. We are the largest police labour relations organization in Canada, the second largest in North America and the first independent national association to represent RCMP Members.
Our mission is to provide strong, fair and progressive representation to promote and enhance the rights of our Members across the country.
Our head office is in Ottawa but over half our staff work remotely across Canada. We stay closely connected through our active internal communications program and up to date I.T. tools.
Why Work with the NPF?
- Competitive compensation package.
- Generous Group Benefit package including Health Care Spending Account.
- Group Registered Savings Plan (GRSP).
- Professional development opportunities.
- An inclusive, passionate, and fun team environment.
- Lead campaigns (regional and provincial)
- Guide overall agreed strategy and vision of campaigns or projects.
- Develop content for stakeholders: external and internal.
- Plan and lead campaign events.
- Project lead on communication team projects
- Work with Manager to develop strategy, tactics, and timing for key annual and one-off projects (example: annual social media plan, annual video plan and schedule, National Police Week, Mental Health Week, etc.).
- Check-in with other involved team members on progress and regular check-ins with Manager to ensure plan is evolving and troubleshoot/adapt as needed.
- Rotational tasks
- Research and source content to build a timely and relevant national social media calendar.
- Schedule posts for national social media.
- Develop and implement website and Scarlet (employee intranet) updates, including the creation of new webpages as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in communications/public relations/marketing/journalism.
- 5+ years in a similar role.
- Fluently Bilingual (English and French, oral and writing).
- Best writing practices for various platforms (social, web, business, reports, scripts, briefing notes, correspondence).
- Advertising platforms and targeting.
- Social media.
- Government decision-making, unionized environments, and policing in Canada.
- Highly skilled in using the following software: MailChimp, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, Adobe Suite, Windows, Microsoft Office Productivity Tools, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate recommendations including risks and benefits to facilitate effective decision-making and influence.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, priorities, and ideas.
- Sound judgement and tact.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Overnight travel required ~4-6/year.
The National Police Federation hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified people to apply.
While we welcome applications from all interested individuals, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.