The FPSLREB has now confirmed the following dates for a possible third day for further cross-examination of a witness, and an additional two days of closing arguments in the ongoing QMPMA charter challenge:
- Cross examination if needed on January 17, 2019 in Montreal
- Closing arguments March 26-27, 2019 in Ottawa
We are as disappointed as you are with this ongoing and prolonged delay in achieving representation and moving forward. We are hopeful that the FPSLREB will exercise their option of providing an oral decision (with reasons to follow) on March 27 at the conclusion of the hearing. This would enable a certification vote ballot count and announcement soon after the oral decision. If the FPSLREB opts to wait for a written decision, this would follow in the Spring, with the ballots counted and result revealed after the written decision.
As updated (November 15), the QMPMA challenge took place November 19-23 in Montreal and Ottawa. This is a continuation of that hearing.
As we know more, we will continue to keep you informed.
In the meantime, here are three other things you can do to help.
- Join the NPF. Click here.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Stay informed by downloading our app on iTunes or Google Play. (You don’t need to join or share your personal email to use our app.)