We are pleased to announce that on Monday July 15, the NPF served Treasury Board with RCMP members’ first “Notice to Collectively Bargain” (link).
As the NPF is a new bargaining agent, there are a number of administrative issues that need to complete before we move to contract negotiations.
Summer 2019 or ‘Phase 1 of bargaining’ will include items such as:
- Significant information disclosure request from the RCMP on items such as pay, benefits and benefits usage, demographics of the RCMP, recruitment/retention experience and forecast, discipline numbers, and other data;
- Implementation of the NPF dues formula;
- Secondments for members elected to the NPF;
- Access to RCMP IT and work sites.
Once the above has been completed, the NPF will be able to begin nominations and elections for a permanent Board of Directors as well as prepare a thoroughly researched proposal to bring to TB for contract negotiations or “Phase 2” of bargaining.
As this process evolves, we will keep you updated on our progress and, as much as possible, timing. The graphic below illustrates the various steps and our best guess on timing. It’s important to keep in mind that, although we’ll advance these steps as urgently as possible, we need to get this right – and we are setting precedents here so this can’t and won’t happen overnight.
Benefits of Membership in Your Labour Representative Agency
Only NPF members receive interesting and notable updates and links to our evolving Rights and Responsibilities Handbook so please share these and other benefits of membership with your colleagues.
Also, our new website has launched with a “Members Only” access area. All registered NPF members chose a username and password when they initially joined NPF. If you have forgotten yours, please follow the link below to reset your password so you can continue to have seamless access to NPF information on our new website.
Password reset: https://npf-fpn.com/login/
In the meantime, here are three other things you can do to help.
- Join the NPF. Click here.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Stay informed by downloading our app on iTunes or Google Play. (You don’t need to join or share your personal email to use our app.)