Since NPF was certified to represent RCMP members in July 2019, we have been hard at work to deliver a democratic process to elect your first Board of Directors to represent you. This Board will govern NPF through the final approval of bylaws, the election of area directors and, importantly, key considerations for negotiations that will lead to our first Collective Agreement, setting the stage for our shared future. We are pleased that the first step in that process will begin Friday, September 20, 2019. Below is a breakdown of the election steps and timeline so you can monitor and participate:
- Nomination period: Complete submissions will be accepted Friday, September 20 @ 00:01 hrs EST to October 3, 2019 @ 23:59hrs EST.
- Campaign period: Confirmed and approved nominees will campaign from Friday, October 11 @ 00:01 hrs EST to Thursday, October 24, 2019 @ 23:59hrs EST.
- Voting period: Members vote for their preferred candidates from October 25 @ 00:01 hrs EST to November 7, 2019 @ 23:59hrs EST.
The NPF encourages all interested and qualified candidates to download, read, complete, sign and submit a complete Nomination Package available here: (Download the Nomination Package) We need your expertise, experience and voice at the table.
The NPF also encourages candidates to download and read the NPF Elected Board Duties, available here: (Download the Elected Board Duties)
To ensure a thorough, expeditious and fair election process, the NPF has contracted an external Chief Electoral Officer to vet and approve all nominees. No campaigning shall take place until nominees are approved and the campaign period formally begins.
Once the Nomination period has closed, the NPF will translate all approved candidates’ campaign material to both French and English for posting on the NPF web page where members can view and consider how to vote.
Candidates are also reminded that campaigning cannot take place on any RCMP facility or property or during work hours prior to or during the Campaign Period. This includes the use of the RCMP Groupwise email system.
This is the one and only email NPF is authorized to send through the RCMP GroupWise email system. Further email updates from the NPF, including the vote results, will only be delivered to members who have registered with the NPF directly. If you haven’t yet registered, please do on our secure site at: https://npf-fpn.com/become-a-member/
Benefits of Membership in Your Labour Representative Agency
Registered members of the NPF receive regular updates on the evolution of labour relations in the RCMP as well as have access to the members only section of the NPF web page which includes our evolving Rights and Responsibilities Handbook. Stay up to date and register today. https://npf-fpn.com/become-a-member/
In the meantime, here are three other things you can do to help.
- Join the NPF. Click here.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Stay informed by downloading our app on iTunes or Google Play. (You don’t need to join or share your personal email to use our app.)