As we updated on October 15, the FPSLREB has ruled to “join” the NPF and QMPMA applications to avoid duplication and expedite the certification review process. The FPSLREB also ruled that the “appropriate bargaining agent” for the RCMP is one, single national unit. The FPSLREB offered its mediation services to NPF and QMPMA, which we are using.
To be able to order a vote by the membership, the FPSLREB must now determine if NPF and/or QMPMA meet the following criteria:
1. Whether the applicants are “employee organizations”;
2. Whether the NPF and/or QMPMA meet the definition of “appropriate bargaining agent” (a single national unit).
On November 3, the NPF wrote to the FPSLREB to continue with the certification process while any mediation continues (NPF letter to FPSLREB)
On November 9, the QMPMA wrote to the FPSLREB to delay the certification process while mediation continues (QMPMA letter to FPSLREB)
On November 10, the CPA wrote to the FPSLREB to continue with the certification process while mediation continues (CPA letter to FPSLREB)
On November 24, The FPSLREB advised all parties it will proceed with the certification process as mediation continues, seeking written submissions to determine the above criteria.
The NPF is confident it meets all definitions required to be successful and once the FPSLREB rules on this matter, we will seek a certification vote.
We know this has been a long and often frustrating process, but we are making progress and moving closer to a certification vote. We appreciate your ongoing patience, support and interest. While we can’t be certain about timing, we do have some insight into upcoming milestones that provide an indication of potential timing:
- The applicants (NPF and AMPMQ) will provide their submissions by December 8, 2017.
- The respondent (Treasury Board) and intervenors (CPA) will provide their submissions by December 22, 2017.
- The applicants will provide any reply by January 5, 2018 (the FPSLERB are closed December 22 to January 3 for the holidays).
Based on this timeline and allowing 60 days for a decision, it’s reasonable to anticipate a vote in spring of 2018.
We’ll continue to update you on our certification progress. In the meantime, here are three other things you can do to help.
- Join the NPF. Click here.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Stay informed by downloading our app on iTunes or Google Play. (You don’t need to join or share your personal email to use our app.)
l of 95%, margin of error +/-2%.