As updated on January 24, the FPSLREB granted the QMPMA’s request to determine if Bill C-7, specifically Section 238.14 which speaks to the requirement for a single national bargaining agent for members of the RCMP, is constitutional.
We are pleased to report that DOJ and the QMPMA have made their submissions, you can read all submissions here:
We now wait for the FPSLREB to make a ruling. It is our understanding that the FPSLREB can return with one of the following three rulings:
- The NPF application is “paused” until the constitutional hearing can be held, and a decision rendered;
- The QMPMA request is denied and the NPF application proceeds; or
- The NPF application proceeds with the QMPMA hearing on the constitutional matter to be heard at a later date.
We have no estimate on the timeline for an FPSLREB decision, but hope they see the need for a speedy ruling in this matter.
We’ll continue to update you on our certification progress. In the meantime, here are three other things you can do to help.
- Join the NPF. Click here.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Stay informed by downloading our app on iTunes or Google Play. (You don’t need to join or share your personal email to use our app.)